About the Program
Awareness in Action (AAP) is our 10-week summer Filipino American Studies & Civic Engagement program with a graduation celebration at the end. This summer, we will offer the program in a hybrid format, with in-person sessions taking place at LEAD Filipino’s San José Office and virtual learning capabilities for our distance learning community members.
Our curriculum includes the following:
Filipina/x/o Psychology & Identity
Coalition Building & Social Movements
Local Awareness & Activism
- AAP Info Night – Wednesday, June 7th (6:30-7:30pm PT)
- Class Session #1 – Wednesday, June 28 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session #2 – Wednesday, July 5 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session #3 – Wednesday, July 12 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session #4 – Wednesday, July 19(6:30pm-8:45pm)
- San José Pinoytown Tour with FANHS-SCV (IN-PERSON) – Saturday, July 22 (Time TBD)
- Class Session #5 – Wednesday, July 26 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session #6 – Wednesday, August 2 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Voter Registration Day with LEAD (IN-PERSON) – Saturday, July 5 (Time TBD)
- Class Session #7 – Wednesday, August 9 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session #8 – Wednesday, August 23 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Class Session # 9 – Wednesday, August 30 (6:30pm-8:45pm)
- Salamat at Paalam Party/End-of-Program Celebration – Date/Time TBD
Register for Awareness in Action Now
Want to learn more?
We our hosting an informational night about our 2023 Awareness in Action Program on Wednesday, June 14 from 6:30-8PM PT. Register here via Zoom.
You can also read more about Awareness in Action here: https://leadfilipino.org/awareness-in-action-program/