Advocate with FilAm organizations statewide.
Join the FIERCE Coalition’s virtual Filipinx Advocacy Day on Wednesday, April 28 from 8AM-2PM (PST) with FilAm organizations from across California to speak directly with state legislators on Police Accountability in calls for Justice for Angelo Quinto and the many victims of police violence.
Since 2018, the Filipinx Igniting Engagement for Reimagining Collective Empowerment (FIERCE) Coalition has advocated for Ethnic Studies, Tenant Protections, and Racial Equity at the state level. Past legislative priorities included AB 331, AB 1481, and AB 1482.
An assembly of 25+ FilAm nonprofits, community-based organizations, and student groups, the FIERCE Coalition advances a progressive agenda that amplifies the FilAm voice in broader calls for racial justice and equity.
Participate in the virtual Filipinx Advocacy Day and meet other FilAms from your community and statewide!
No prior experience necessary as you will:
- Receive legislative advocacy training
- Meet directly with state legislators with the guidance of a team lead
- Connect with FilAms in your region
- Build FilAm coalitions to push for progressive reform
- Learn about our community’s policy priorities
Register for our virtual Filipinx Advocacy Day by April 16 to receive information on our mandatory legislative advocacy trainings!
Following your legislative advocacy training you will meet other members on your Advocacy Day team to review the program, legislative meetings, and policy materials.
If you cannot join us for the entire virtual Filipinx Advocacy Day on April 28th, there are several ways to engage and show your solidarity with our statewide efforts.
There are multiple ways to tap in:
- Take a photo on 4/28 with a written sign and hashtag #2021FilAdvocacyCA and tag @FIERCECoalition
- Submit legislative support letters to Angelica@leadfilipino.org
- Attend 1-2 legislative meetings based on your availability
- Help spread the word about the Filipinx Advocacy Day with your friends and increase our virtual presence