Leadership, Education, Activism, and Dialogue (LEAD) Filipino needs help finding our “2020 Fly Pinay of the Year” that models our organization’s core values of civic engagement and leadership across Fil Am communities.
LEAD Filipino’s Annual Fly Pinays was established in 2017. Nestled in the South Bay Area, and held every March during Women’s Herstory Month, the Annual Fly Pinays Leadership Summit gathers ~200 Filipina women and college students in shared experiences related to sisterhood and mentorship. Featuring women leaders from across all sectors and industries and students from nearly all of the colleges in the region, the Annual Fly Pinays celebrates Pinay stories, achievements, and positivity. LEAD Filipino will be hosting its 4th Annual Fly Pinays Leadership Summit at Mission College on Saturday, March 14th, 2020 and will be introducing our 2020 Annual Fly Pinays Awards!
Help us find our “2020 Fly Pinay of the Year” to be honored at our 2020 Annual Fly Pinays, in front of a crowd of ~200.
We’re currently accepting nominations for candidates that demonstrate the following criteria:
- Leads civic movement(s) in her community or field.
- Educates and inspires others in her community or field.
- Activates Fil Am culture and traditions in her craft, designs, or work.
- Designs spaces that facilitate meaningful dialogue for community members.
- Practices the acts of sisterhood and mentorship.
- Builds the capacity of those they serve, thereby strengthening the future of Fil Am community leadership.
Nominations will be open till February 1, 2020.
Maraming salamat for helping us find our 2020 Fly Pinay of the Year!