Sharing for our friends at BRIDGE:
PLES 2020 is a two-day online networking conference aimed to help Filipinx/Filipinx American students to learn to claim their space as they begin to pursue their career goals. This event seeks to provide students and recent graduates the skills to build, foster and utilize networks to help them advance in the professional world. Networks can be a powerful tool to help us navigate the professional world, but while it’s easy to make an initial introduction, how can you turn those introductions into internship and job opportunities? PLES is also a space to directly network with the rising and established Filipinx identified leaders and professionals from various fields who will also be a part of this space.
The conference will take place from 11am-1pm on May 23 & 24 via Zoom and Google Meets. We will be featuring a panel of UC Davis Fil Am alumni who graduated in 2008 during the recession and will be sharing their experiences navigating the job market during that time. On Sunday at the end of the program from 1:00-2:30pm, we will be facilitating open networking sessions organized by industry. This event is FREE to attend and open to ALL Filipinx identifying high school/college students and professionals of any level/industry.
Industries that we will have represented this year include the following from many different companies/groups:
- Accounting, Finance, Consulting
- Public Health, Healthcare Administration
- Food/Beverage, Entrepreneurship, Non-Profit
- Marketing/Advertising, Graphic Design, UI&UX
- Journalism/News, Media/Broadcasting, Communications/Public Relations
- Education, Social Work, Human Resources
- Software Engineering, Engineering, Information Technology
- Tech/AI/Gaming, Project Management, Beauty/Fashion
- Public Affairs, Legal, Policy
If you have any questions or concerns about PLES 2020, feel free to reach out to Isabelle Perlada at firstname.lastname@example.org.