July 2, 2018
This past Saturday, on June 30th, we were delighted to partner with a number of leading public, community-based organizations, and grassroots groups to offer a free Know Your Rights Community Forum for the public. The event was held at the Roosevelt Community Center from 10am-2pm in San Jose.
Drawing from the leadership and strengths of our partners, we offered an open legal clinic, with free tenant rights trainings, federal updates on immigration legislation, and a Rapid Response Training to augment a community network of legal observers in the event of ICE raids within our neighborhoods.
A resounding THANK YOU to each – and all – of our partners that made this Saturday possible:
- Services Immigrant Rights Education Network (SIREN)
- Sacred Heart Community Service
- City of San Jose’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Asian Law Alliance
- Pilipino Association of Workers and Immigrants (PAWIS)
- Filipino Youth Coalition
- Asian American Recovery Services – A Program of HealthRIGHT 360
- FASTER-Silicon Valley
- Filipino American National Historical Society
- U.S. Senator Kamala Harris’s Office