A core element of our summer “Awareness in Action” program are the weekend Ethno-Exposure Community Tours of various sites and landmarks throughout the Greater Bay Area that hold direct ties to Filipin@ American stories, struggles, and successes in our shared history.
2017 Ethno-Exposure Community Tours
- Saturday, July 29: San Francisco SoMa Pilipinas Cultural District
- Saturday, August 12: Watsonville Riots & Filipino Community Center
- Saturday, August 26: Housing & Homelessness: Public Policies & Solutions
Our Ethno-Exposure Community Tours touch upon one – or all – of the following social/public themes:
- Civil Rights & Liberties
- Cultural Development & Institutions
- Labor History
- Land Use & Exclusionary Zoning Injustice
- Health & Human Services
The Awareness in Action Ethno-Exposure Community Tours are open and free to the public. The program begins on July 10, 2017.
For questions or additional information, please contact us at: LEADFilipinoSJ@gmail.com.