About Fly Pinays
On Saturday, March 24th, LEAD Filipino will be hosting ~150 Filipina professionals (mentors), college students (mentees), and community members in our 2nd Annual Fly Pinays Leadership Summit.
The Fly Pinays Leadership Summit is a day of coordinated keynote addresses, leadership and cultural workshops, and TED-style talks from leading Pinays in civics, education, entrepin@yership/business, technology and the community, to engage women and girls in issues of Filipina American experiences today. At our inaugural Fly Pinays Leadership Summit last year, we hosted ~100 Filipina mentors and mentees and expect our numbers to keep growing.
Key themes and recurring messages for our 2nd Annual Fly Pinays Leadership Summit will include: 1) Filipina pride and cultural embrace through knowing our community and histories, 2) addressing “Why” we are proud to be Filipinas, 3) larger statements on our society’s current political, cultural and economic climate, drawing on issues related to the Philippines, and 4) elevating Filipina leadership and visibility across all sectors, industries and communities.
This event is free and open to all members of our community. If you aren’t a female professional or college student, but would like to attend, please consider volunteering the day-of or securing your spot on our limited “General Attendee” list, as spots will fill on a first-come, first-served basis.
Our 2nd Annual Fly Pinays Leadership Summit will feature a speaker panel focused on “Pinay Creatives in the Arts” with guest speakers: Janice Sapigao and Chef Charleen Caabay (Founder, Kainbigan Restaurant) and Astralogik
- “Intergenerational & Cultural Clashes” led by Era de Castro & Carl Castuciano, ECCAC and Dr. Jennifer Briscoe and Jay Page, LEAD Filipino
- “Intentional Growth” led by Mary Ann Bautista, The John Maxwell Team
- “Empowering Women for Change in Political Education” led by GABRIELA-Oakland
- “INDAK: Dancing in Time” led by RJ Payomo, Kawayan Folk Arts
- “Pinay Leadership Across Communities” led by Kappa Psi Epsilon
- “A Taste of Mental Health First Aid” led by The LGBTQ Youth Space
- “Interviewing & Salary Negotiation 101” led by Gina Mariko Rosales, Make It Mariko
- “Labor Export Policy” led by Mike Dalupo, PAWIS
- “The Filipino American Experience” led by FANHS-Santa Clara Valley Chapter
- “Eskrima: Self-Defense Workshop”
Registration has closed!
Thank you to all of our mentors and mentees that signed up. We’re looking forward to meeting all of you.
If you are a college-aged student with an interest in engaging in conversations and personal education around Filipina American leadership, experiences and community movements AND you’d like to be connected with a mentor that works in a field of your interest. Please sign up by February 20th.
Calling all our Filipina professionals and respective leaders in the field! We hope you’ll consider dedicating your time on March 24th to attend our 2nd Annual Leadership Summit with your college-aged mentee where you will not only partake in the activities together, but share your career insights, personal stories and experiences with your mentee.
While we have reserved most of the seats for our professionals and students, we have a limited number of tickets available for community members that wish to attend. This tickets are extremely limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, please email Angelica at <email@example.com>
Volunteer at Fly Pinays
We’re a grassroots organization and won’t deny any set of helping hands at our Leadership Summit. We have three volunteer shifts available for the big day and will gladly take anyone that’s interested in helping. To sign up to volunteer on 3/24, please email Angelica at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The volunteer shifts available are:
- 6:30am-10:30am (Setup, Registration & Breakfast Distribution)
- 10:30am-2:30pm (Lunch Distribution, Clean up, and mic-running)
- 2:30pm-6:30pm (Program support & Clean Up)